The Duke Integrative Health Coaching Approach
What is integrative health coaching?
- It's a partnership: Integrative health coaching is an evidence-based, proven approach that supports sustainable change through a dedicated partnership between coach and client. With the guidance and support of a coach, you will have the opportunity to take incremental steps over a 3-6 month period in order to develop new, long-lasting behavioral changes.
- It takes a whole person approach: This type of coaching incorporates every aspect of your life that impacts your health and well-being, ranging from your personal relationships, mind-body connection, and professional development to your approach to nutrition and exercise.
- It's progress-oriented: We will begin with a self-assessment and then translate new insights about your health into specific action steps to improve your health and well-being.
- It's goal-supported: You will have the opportunity to set specific, measurable, action-oriented long-term goals and devise an action plan to support your overarching health goal(s).
- It's all about setting you up for success: As you take each step to support your action plan and long-term goals, together we’ll make adjustments as obstacles arise while also establishing appropriate support systems and accountability plans.
What makes Duke Integrative Health Coaching unique?
- Grounded in Duke's scientific and evidence-based methodology: Duke Integrative Medicine has pioneered an approach to health care that places the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental influences that affect a person's health. This “whole-person” approach makes it possible to address underlying factors that influence one's health, rather than just treating the symptoms of a health condition.